Interview with Mrs. Nanida Jenahara - Hijab Scarf

Interview with Mrs. Nanida Jenahara - Hijab ScarfMrs.Nanida Jenahara
Freelance Designer and a Proud Mother

1. When did you start wearing hijab ?
Since I was 13 years old. I always thought that women look more beautiful when they are wearing hijab.It sounds cliche, but I really feel that way :)

2. Who motivate you?
My parents. I grew up in a very religious family and they already start to put religious norms since we were kids. However, I'm not saying that my parents are very strict. I also get a strong motivation from my mom, as a Muslim Fashion Designer since I was a kid.

3. How do you feel to be a daughter of a well known muslim designer?
It is easy and hard at the same time. The good thing is that I can really talk about Fashion with my mom and get the benefit of having tailor made clothes for free. The not-so-good thing is that I get compared to her. We have our own style. Then sometime I get complain from my mom about my style.

4. Beside clothes, what other thing that has changed your life?
Nothing has changed. This is my life and hijab has been my identity of being a muslim. It should not limit me doing something that I want to do as long it is positive.

5. What difficulties that you encounter after wearing hijab?
Sometimes people expect more of me but I never worried about it. The hardest part is since fashion has always been my passion, not all the trends I can follow. I learn to understand what works on me and doesn’t, and filter trends accordingly.

6. Any habit that you stop doing ever since wearing hijab?
Not really. Wearing hijab or not, my friends still think I am talkative, splashy and I like doing silly things ("__")

7. What advantages do you feel after wearing hijab?
It cannot be doubted that first impression on me is I’m quite and pious person. My friends also sometime ask some religious matters. And to be able to answer their questions make me feel happy. It is my way to worship God by spreading the useful knowledge.

8. What is your hijab style?
I have no particular style, I dress based on how I feel. It all depends on my mood.

9. Where do you buy clothes and hijab?
I mostly make my own clothes. I rarely buy hijab. I get a lot from my mom and she has a wide range of good collections. However, Zara and Topshop always be my favorite ones.

10. Favorite brand?
Alexander Mcqueen, Lanvin, Etro, Thomas Wylde, Balenciaga, Hussein Chalayan and Jean Pierre Braganza.

11. Any particular clothes/style/material or anything that you avoid to wear?
I don't like wearing anything under my scarf. I don't really like pink and I don't like the “army look” style. After all, I think it’s ridiculous to have it as a trend.

12. Have you ever think to take the hijab off?
Yes. I have always been haunted by these thoughts. I've been wearing hijab for nearly half of my life. Sometimes I just want to know what it's like not wearing hijab. But I always remind myself, wearing hijab is a form of worship rather than demands.

13. Any experience regarding hijab?
When I was on a vacation to Melbourne, I went to a vintage store then a girl came up and said she really like my style. She also said she rarely see people who wear the hijab but still can look stylish. For me it is a compliment that I have never forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment